Ben is originally from New York City where he attended Brooklyn Law School. After graduating law school in 2011, Ben worked for the City of New York as a Special Assistant Corporation Counsel where he defended high-profile and high-exposure tort cases. Ben was highly successful in winning summary judgment motions, saving the City of New York millions of dollars.
Ben is admitted to the State Bars in California and New York. He is also admitted to all of the Federal Courts in California as well as the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
Some of Ben's recent noteworthy cases include:
- In re: Toll Roads Litigation. Ben represents a certified class of millions of Californians whose personally identifiable information was shared by the Toll Roads in Orange County with numerous third parties.
- In re: Facebook, Inc. Consumer Privacy User Profile Litigation. Ben is a member of the team of attorneys who filed the broadly publicized class action against Facebook, Inc. and other defendants for the data scandal arising from Cambridge Analytica's harvesting of an estimated 87 million Facebook users' personal data in 2015 which was used to influence the outcome of the 2016 election.
- Cohen v. Mylife.com, Inc. Ben brought a class action against a website that creates a profile and reputation score for almost every adult in the United States using allegedly false and misleading information, leading people to believe that the person is a criminal.
Ben enjoys being outdoors as much as possible after enduring one too many East Coast winters. He can be found hiking, running, or spending time with his wife and two children.
- Consumer Rights
- Employment Law
- Human Rights
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York